Ali Boukeroui 5 min read
What Is Java?
Java is an object-oriented programming language and has a virtual machine platform that allows you to create compiled programs that work on almost all platforms. Java has promised, "Write Once, Run Anywhere".
|Scope||Java uses block-based scoping where the variable goes out of scope once control comes out of a block.||JS is mostly used on different web browsers and completely relies on CSS and HTML due to which it's not available globally. JS uses function-based scoping as the variable can be accessed in function.|
|Running Platform||Java applications and programs run in Java virtual machine (JVM) which required installing JRE and JDK on a system.||JS web applications run on a web browser and no need for any initial setup.|
|Syntax||Java language syntax is similar to C or C++ programming language. Java program will be in objects and classes.||JS language syntax is pretty similar to the C programming language but naming conventions are similar to Java programming language.|
- Java's main name was "Oak" and was converted to Java by Sun's marketing department into "Java" when they found the name registered with a computer company.
- Java programming language is created by accident. About 1992, James Gosling worked for Sun Labs. He and his team built a set-top box which was started by "cleaning" the C ++ language and they were all injured in a new programming language called Java or at that time: Oak.
- Java is the second most popular language and is very popular with web developers.
- Java programming language does not have a Pointer concept as adding pointers to Java programming language can impair security and durability, making this programming language very difficult.
- In Java, the true meaning of the word Final is not final. It has different meanings to Java. It can be a final method, a final variable, a final class, or a final field.
- Java is used by 95% of businesses as their first programming language. It is much higher than C and other programming languages.
- In one year, Java was downloaded about a billion times.
- Java operates more than 1 billion as Google's Android operating system uses Java APIs.